I’m sure many of you are aware that the music and events industries have been seriously affected by recent events. Preventing the spread of the virus by reducing contact with others in large groups is of course, necessary. However, musicians, venues, promoters, sound engineers, marketing companies are all losing out because of this. Here are 5 free and low cost ways that you can help.
Free Ways to Help:
1) Stream your music, from both your favourite artists, and why not discover some new music too? This costs you nothing by accessing the free version of sites, including Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, just to name a few. It helps to boost their music in the algorithms and gain some money from every play.
2) Like and share the social media pages and music of bands and artists. This helps to build up their reach and only takes you a couple of clicks!
3) Write a review – post reviews of music you love on all sites.
Low Cost Ways to Help:
4) Spend the money that would have gone on an event ticket on that artists’ album or merchandise. Not only does this support the artist but can help to support the teams around them who have also been affected.
5) Buy their music as a gift. Music is an incredible thing – why not introduce someone you love to a brand new artist?
Why not check out the small (but steadily growing!) Deviate PR Spotify playlist and discover something new? Find it here!
Fancy a chat? Feel free to message me or email [email protected]